Hi again! I have nothing of worth to say so you can just go now.

...still there?

Okay. I sort of want to explain my process of learning a piano song before a bit more thoroughly. First off, let's look at the sheet music I used.

Okay, cool. As you can probably see this is a pretty short piece. It's not even two pages long, and yet it still took me four days to play it! I don't know if I should be surprised or ashamed at myself. 

Well, let's start off by looking at the bass clef. The bass clef is the bottom part of the three bar things. I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible without confusing you so work with me here. If you can actually understand me, then great! You can see that the notes are easier to do and not as hard as the treble clef, the upper part of the three bar things. Really it's just a note, and then a note in a higher octave (or just the higher sounding same note), repeat that four times, then switch to a different note and do that. That's pretty easy. That's why I practiced that for a bit first. Of course it gets a little harder after that, but after the hard part it's really just A, E x4 and G sharp, E x4. That's so easy, dude. 

Okay now let's look at the treble clef. I'd say it's harder to do than the bass clef, since there's more notes that you have to memorize and play. It really took me a long time to read all of the notes. It was basically me uttering "B.. E..? BE... BE! G sharp.. C! G sharp C!" and so on and so forth. I must have looked like the first primitive cave man trying to speak for the first time.

Now we're at the point where I learned both treble clef and bass clef. Now comes I think the hardest part; synchronization. I'm sure that's not what they call it but I think I'd rather stick with that term, since it sounds a lot cooler than what I'm actually doing. I start playing both treble and bass clef at the same time, but I'd do it super duper slowly. It's a hard thing to do, at least for me; paying attention to both my left hand and right hand. Though really there's not as much work for me to do for my left hand since, again, it's just alternating notes here and there and maybe a few strays. I did it super slowly, and then gradually become faster and faster. I took breaks every now and then and just played some random mumbo jumbo on the piano. I actually never knew how to play Chopsticks until now. I think a friend taught me once but I forgot completely, so I had to look it up and learn how to do Chopsticks again. Yes, I learned a song while learning a song. By procrastinating. 

The hardest part of the song for me was the middle bar. Since you actually had to do stuff with your left hand. I could do both individually just fine, but doing it together was the tough part. If you listen to me playing the song, you can tell that around the middle I slowed down a little bit. That's because I just couldn't do it fast enough. Maybe if I was lucky, sure, but I was trying to not make any mistakes. Of course, that sort of failed since I did actually make at least one. 

Wow! That was a lot of work for... a piece that isn't even one full page long! That was my process for learning this song, and probably going to be my process for every other song that I learn as well. The only advice I can give is to keep practicing. I think that's all you could want if you want to be good at piano. The more practice you have, the more experience you have. The more experience you have, you level up! No, wait. The more experience you have, the better you will be at piano.